The ASP.NET/VB.NET Developer is responsible for overall product development. Manages day to day development activities
on targeted accounts, targeted areas of functionality within a team environment.
- The Customer relies on the Developer to build software and provide ongoing support so they can achieve the desired
functionality that meets their business objectives.
- The Business Analyst relies on the Developer to build software that meets specific business requirements of customers as
outlined, ensuring consistent processes through use of internal tools.
- The Company relies on the Developer to successfully follow internal coding standards and ensure development deliverables
are met on-time, on-budget, and with high quality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop carrier, agency and consumer web applications according to specifications or business requirements.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and translate these into web design documents and technical specifications.
- Ability to work with a diverse project team, including .Net Developers, Database Developers, QA Staff, Business Analysts,
and Project Managers.
- Maintain and debug existing web modules.
- Perform unit testing of modifications and enhancements to ensure system integrity.
- Understands the company's products, release schedules, organizational structure and business goals and objectives.
- Develops a working knowledge of product, including its configurability options and available functionality.
- Utilizes internal defect tracking software as projects are completed and on an ongoing basis as required.
- Works with minimal supervision, typically reports to a manager or a director.
- Relies on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Requires a certain degree of creativity or latitude to accomplish position responsibilities.
- Microsoft Developer Certification or graduate degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of various software development life cycle models.
- Basic knowledge of P and C insurance a plus.
- Experience working with solutions geared towards the insurance industry preferred.
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
|Experience & Knowledge
- Documented experience programming in a Windows environment is required.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees both internally and externally.
BA/BS in CS or equivalent experience
| Date Posted:
| Contact Name:
| Contact Email:
| Contact Phone:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the form below and don't forget to include your resume. One of our talent scouts will review your qualifications
and will be in contact with you quickly. Even if this job doesn't work out, we will do our best to find your next gig. By the way, fields marked with a * are required.