The primary responsibilities of this role are preparing monthly financial statements and reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts including bank accounts, reviewing and posting subsidiary journals, creating and posting general journal entries, providing outside auditor correspondence, invoice coding, and other administrative tasks as assigned to support the Accounting Department. Other duties include overseeing the operations of the AP and AR accounting clerks and providing assistance and backup where needed within those positions. The candidate must be analytical, possess basic debit/credit and financial statement accounting knowledge, capable of multitasking, and possess the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be able to operate a personal computer, web browser, Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook, facsimile machine, multi-line telephone system with voice mail, photocopier, and miscellaneous office equipment and accessories customarily used in an office environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interacts and communicates with fellow employees, customers and outside auditors in an accurate, courteous, and professional manner in person, by email, and on a telephone.
2. Efficiently operates a computer, computer software, and 10-key.
3. Efficiently and accurately makes simple mathematical and monetary calculations.
4. Enters, maintains, and retrieves information from computerized and written records and files of the Accounting Department including, but not limited to, McLeod accounting system, carrier invoices, bills of laden, vendor invoices and company invoices.
5. Maintains accurate and organized records and ensures that subsidiary and general journal entries are accurately posted in the McLeod accounting system.
6. Preparing all balance sheet reconciliations including bank accounts.
7. Maintaining the fixed asset depreciation system and posting applicable monthly depreciation expense, additions and disposals.
8. Oversees the duties performed by the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Clerks.
9. Performing the duties of the Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable Clerk in their absence.
10. Serving as auditor correspondent for all internal and external audits. Responsible for gathering, from the system or paper file, all requested supporting documents for sample testing and submission of sample documents via email, mail or online web portal.
11. Additional duties as assigned.
|Experience & Knowledge
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• College degree with a concentration in accounting or business is required
• Transportation experience is preferred
• McLeod Loadmaster transportation software knowledge is desired
• Prior fixed asset account experience is a plus
• Month end journal entry and balance sheet reconciliation preferred
• Prior Staff Accountant experience is preferred
• Two -three years of prior Accounts Receivable and/or Accounts Payable experience
• Must possess basic debit/credit accounting knowledge
• Must understand the concepts of financial statements
• Must have proven ability with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
• Must have excellent communication and analytical skills
• Must possess the ability to multitask and work in a past paced environment
BUSINESS & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
• Teambuilding skills and the ability to drive change.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• High energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude to the team
• Willingness to understand and support change, as it relates to processes, structure and business modeling
BS in Accounting
| Date Posted:
| Contact Name:
| Contact Email:
| Contact Phone:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the form below and don't forget to include your resume. One of our talent scouts will review your qualifications
and will be in contact with you quickly. Even if this job doesn't work out, we will do our best to find your next gig. By the way, fields marked with a * are required.